TapirMail 1.09 (5 January 2013)
TapirMail is a POP3 email client for RISC OS computers. It is ideally suited for people who want to check their mail on the move, or on multiple machines.
This latest version has been released under an Open Source MIT-style licence. You can now access all of the functionality of the program for free and without the need to buy a licence.
RISC OS already has a number of truly excellent email clients, such as Messenger Pro and Pluto. TapirMail is not intended to replace either of these programs, but instead has been designed to complement them.
TapirMail enjoys the following features:
- Built in POP3 and SMTP protocol support for receiving and sending emails
- saves no files to disc, ensuring safe use on any machine
- multiple email account settings
- allows the encryption of account details using Blowfish
- indent colouring to improve email readability
- downloads only those emails requested; ideal for slower connections
- small program size can easily be fitted on a floppy disc
- ideal for use with a USB pen drive
TapirMail is Open Source and can be freely downloaded using the links on the left. If you find the program useful, I'd be grateful if you could drop me an email to let me know.
For more information, please feel free to browse the site, and hopefully give the program a go!